Nikolai and my hubby don't mind the hot weather and I'm only there to supervise them doing the gardening, lol. I am sure they are grateful they only have to do some planting and the removal of weeds from flower pots and they are not the ones mowing and cleaning the lawn, we have groundskeepers to do those tasks.
I've made flower themed lunches in the past and thought I'll make a couple this year. You can find my previous lunches HERE.
In this bento lunch (packed in a Planetbox Rover):
- Main compartment - I used a small flower cutter for the cut-out and added a cheese center which I cut with a circle cutter. The lettering was made from fruit leather using my alphabet cutter set.
- Upper left - Alphabet wheat cookies from Ikea.
- Lower left - Organic apple slices.
- Center - Flower cut-out on a Babybel cheese for which I used the same small cookie cutter.
- Upper right - Flower shaped cucumber slices with baby carrot slices for the center.
In this bento lunch (packed in a Yumbox Panino)
- Main compartment contains stamped flower shaped sandwiches, a couple of marshmallows and a Babybel cheese with flower cut-out.
- In the center are fruit snacks, top right are some organic baby carrots and bottom right are flower shaped watermelon slices.