I baked some the other day for breakfast and packed a couple of them into Nikolai's Easylunchboxes for this school lunch.
- 8-oz can refrigerated crescent roll dough. I used Pillsbury brand
- 8 slices of deli ham
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese (you can use any other cheese that you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate dough into 8 equal pieces (they usually separate into triangles)
- Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese (folded in half) on the larger end of the triangle.
- Roll the crescent up with the ham and cheese inside, and place it tip side down on a baking sheet ( I line it with aluminum foil for easy clean-up).
- Bake for 15 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
In the lunch shown below, I have also included a couple of tasty Ham and Cheese Crescent Roll-ups, this time choosing airplane and truck picks. This time I have cheddar bunnies and orange slices in the other sections. This lunch was also packed in our Easylunchboxes.
Seldom do I follow a recipe exactly as I find it. I like to add a tweak here or there to suit my own taste, and I think this recipe is perfect for that. Try something different in place of the ham, perhaps smoked turkey, try it with Swiss or Asiago cheeses. At home you might enjoy experimenting with different dips or side dish combinations. Be adventurous and have fun!