My first attempt of apple bunnies or apple rabbits. Here is the method:
1. Start with a wedge from the apple cut into six or eight pieces, and cut out the core. Make a cut just below the skin about 1/3 distance (top to bottom) and then cut the skin to make a V- shape.
2. Carefully lift out the center V section so that the part that remains forms the bunny ears.
3. To prevent browning I soaked them in a bowl of lemon water for a few minutes. (Citric acid is the key ingredient which helps prevent oxidation/browning). Sometimes I do soak our apples in orange or pineapple juice.
In this bento lunch:
- Roll-ups sandwiches with nori accents and bread crusts for bunny ears.
- Apple bunnies and organic baby carrots.
- Cadbury mini eggs in the bucket cup and Annie's organic gummies.
- This lunch is packed in his Monbento box.