I usually serve naan, paratha, chapatis with home made dhall or curry chicken and our family loves it. For this bento I decided to add a little Indian twist to hummus with curry.
Here is the recipe:
2 (15oz) cans chick peas/garbanzo beans, drained
2 tbs water
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
Place all ingredients in a food processor, process till smooth. Enjoy! I packed some for Nikolai's lunch.
- Main compartment - Stonefire brand naan cut into triangle shapes, topped with a cute antibacterial sheet which my friend sent from Japan.
- Lower left - Organic baby carrots and curried hummus in the small dipper.
- Upper left - Annie's organic Bernie's farm cheddar crackers.
- Center - Yogurt covered star.
- Upper right -Watermelon cut into bear shapes.
- This lunch is packed in a Planetbox rover.