This recipe is one of our longtime family favorites. There are so simple to make, you get the ease of a muffin with the deliciousness of a pancake. There are gazillions of yummy pancake recipes out there but this one works for me, it's simple and I mostly have the ingredients on hand.
I usually add frozen organic blueberries, strawberries and chocolate chips. You can also use bacon, ham and sausage pieces if you prefer adding meat.
Here is the recipe which I added blueberries.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix or any other brand that you prefer.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Pam non-stick cooking spray or muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In medium bowl, stir together pancake mix and remaining ingredients (except blueberries) until moistened. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin pan, filling ¾ full. Add blueberries in each cup leaving space in between them.
- There is enough batter to fill one dozen muffin wells.
- Bake at 350º for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
I also made a batch the other day with heart shaped strawberries and you can find one which I included in Nikolai's school lunch here.
Here are the supplies or similar that I used to create and pack this lunch.