The most important part of any quesadilla is the filling, of course, and that is easy to customize to individual tastes. Do you have a special or favorite filling for your quesadillas? Ham and cheese are Nikolai's favorite. He doesn't mind eating them cold or warm for his school lunch, and they are so easy to pack.
I'll share with you our easy recipe and directions. Feel free to substitute the meat or cheese to your liking. You can also use whole wheat tortilla or any other kind that you prefer.
- 4 Small Flour Tortilla
- 2 slices of nitrate free cooked Ham
- 2 Slices of Colby cheese
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet, add ham and cheese and then top with another tortilla. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining tortilla.
- Remove from heat, let cool for a couple of minutes, cut the quesadilla into four wedges and serve. ( I let it cool a couple extra minutes before packing them into his lunchbox).
- Enjoy! ( or, take to school or work, THEN enjoy!)
In this bento lunch (packed in a Planetbox rover):
- Quesadilla wedges with Nikolai's favorite ham and cheese filling.
- Organic baby carrots.
- Organic corn puffs.
- Apple wedges.
- Yogurt covered star.
- Quesadilla quarters with a cute bear pick.
- Red and green seedless grapes.
- Babybel Gouda cheese, mini cheese cracker sandwiches, Rice Krispies bar with a bear baran.