I've created several ghost themed lunches over the years that are easy and fun. Cutting the string cheese to look like ghosts is my favorite part. I'll be sharing with you the method I used for the string cheese as well as my favorite mini pizza recipe.
The photo below shows an example of one ghost themed lunch that is quite easy.
You can make some cute ghosts similar to these quite easily.
You will need:
- String cheese
- Paring knife
- Toothpick, food safe marker or sunflower seeds
- Cut the string cheese into half.
- Using a knife, make a slit in the middle and almost 3/4 way down.
- Make a few more additional slits till you get 8 legs or less.
- I used a toothpick for this particular face accents. Just poke the toothpick on the cheese to create the eyes and mouth. I've used food safe marker before and I've seen sunflower seeds being used. Just some ideas.
Any pizza lovers out there? My hubby and Nikolai love pizza and they can eat it served hot or cold! I've made this fun Halloween themed pizza for lunch a while back. I plan to make it again soon but I'm afraid I'll not have enough time to post the new lunch and recipe. Here is the older lunch with recipe. You can recreate something similar with different cheese cut outs for sure.
- One tube refrigerated Pillsbury biscuit dough
- 1 bottle of organic pasta sauce
- 2 slices part skim mozzarella cheese (for the ghosts)
- Sliced olives
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Roll or pat biscuits into 2-1/2 in. circles. Place on greased baking sheet or non-stick sheet. I love our baking sheet which has wide handles!
- Add pasta sauce on top of biscuits.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Using a small ghost-shape cookie cutter, cut a ghost out of each cheese slice.
- Immediately place a ghost over each pizza; add pieces of olives for faces.
- Pack in his Laptop Lunches after the pizzas cool down.
- A couple of ghostly pizzas made with Pillsbury biscuit dough, tomato and basil organic pasta sauce topped after removing from oven with mozzarella cheese cut to ghost shape and black olive accents.
- Top Left - Organic peas with a ghost pick.
- Top Right - Peach slices topped with mozzarella cheese mini ghosts.
- Far Right - Fork wrapped in cloth napkin.
Our favorite products: